Just Keep The Dog

Just Keep The Dog

JKTD News

Thank you to all who support Just Keep The Dog. Our Facebook page currently has 4,118 dog lovers!!! How awesome is that!



Do you make time?

Monday, September 2, 2013

Today's Blurb
We didn't go hiking this weekend.  Boo!!  Afternoon rain showers have really put a damper on things.  Haha, I made a pun.  Also, I worked the past two Sundays, so homework has been needing attention on Saturdays.  Bruce and I have been getting ansy though.  We need to be outside!  There's a nice trail behind my apartments, so I'm thinking we'll be walking those after work this week. 

There's been something on my mind lately and I'm a little nervous to express it.  But I'll do it anyway.  I feel really, really sorry for people who have no time for their dogs.  I go on Craigslist a lot, partly for pet gear and partly for curiosity, and all I see are people rehoming their pets because they "just don't have time" for them.  I won't get into it too much right now, but I will say this:  I love MAKING time for Bruce and The Ferrets.  I'm a single mom.  I work full-time.  I leave my home at 6:30 a.m. and get home at 6:00 p.m.  As soon as I get home, Bruce gets a nice walk, a stretch, and a chance to chase bunnies.  Then there's chores.  The Ferrets are out and terrorizing everyone.  I somehow squeeze in some time to brush Bruce and the kids and I play a few rounds of hunting games with him.  So when I see ads on Craigslist, I feel really bad for people who can't make time for their pets because their lives must be so busy and chaotic!  I'm not trying to be judgmental, I'm really not.  I just feel bad for the pet. 

Anyway, onto other topics.

Bentley's Back
 
That's right, Bentley's back!  I just love this cat.  He's full of character and he's soooo cuddly.  I still couldn't believe he was abandoned by his original owners.  How could anyone do that to their own pet?  Humans.  I swear.  We are the only animal on this earth who choose to take in another animal purely for their entertainment and then neglect or abuse it.  Not all of us do it, but there are so many who do.  Just go onto Craigslist or Google your local animal shelter or humane society.  We suck.  Anyway, back to Bentley. 
 
So every time he's over at my place, his toys get lost or Bruce chews a friggin canned food cover or Tupperware.  So tomorrow I'll be going shopping for cat food (Bruce), toys and a can cover for opened cans.  More to follow on his visit...

 
Not familiar with Bentley? 
 
What's On The News.. Animal News
 

California Court Affirms Proposition 2's Constitutionality

From The Humane Society Of The United States (HSUS)
When I found out how veal calves were treated, I was appalled!  I couldn't believe ... well, okay, I could believe... the way these poor animals were treated.  Did you know that for 16 weeks (their lifespan), calves are kept confined in cages too narrow for them to even turn around?  It is disgusting.  Babies forced to stay in the same position until they are killed for their tender meat. 
 
Thanks to HSUS, though, the Superior Court of California in Fresno County has upheld Proposition 2, which bans the inhumane treatment of farm animals.  Now let's get the rest of the nation on track!
 

World's Ugliest Animal

The Star Nosed Mole was rated The World's Ugliest Animal among several others to include the Blob Fish, the Naked Mole Rat, and the Sphynx.  As much as I love animals, this Star Nosed Mole creeps me out.  I don't want to look at it anymore. 
 

Dog Dies In Hot Car At NY State Fair; Man Charged



From The San Francisco Chronicle
I still can't believe this is happening.  If it's not babies, it's dogs.  Why do people believe they can just leave their kids or dogs in the friggin car??  Recently, I read about a baby dying because of this very thing and of course I read the comments beneath the article.  I couldn't believe the number of people suggesting parents leave their cell phones or purses in the car seat so that they wouldn't forget their baby.  Are you friggin kidding me??  Are cell phones and purses really more important?  And dogs.  People think it's okay to leave their dogs in the car while they're shopping, dining, or even attending a state fair.  When are the laws going to punish people who do this the same as when they leave a kid in the car?  If they could do it to a dog, they could do it to a kid.
 
Dogs On The Web
 
 
Yup.  Dogs and trampolines rock!
 
 

Dogs Eating Ice Cream

You read it correctly.  There are few things more entertaining!  Check out pics of these awesome dogs enjoying what we humans love too.  Here's the kicker:  Frosty Paws is a dog-safe ice cream.  Don't give your dog human-friendly ice cream, it'll mess up their belly!
 
 
 
Thanks for reading Paw Prints. 
Bruce gives me lots of inspiration!
Keep up with us by going to
 
Feel free to post ideas for the next issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

We're on Dogsey!

Dogsey - for dog news, articles and the worlds largest Dog Forum!

Blogroll

Most Reading